Skip to content
How to get started photo

How to Get Started

Our simple admission process is the first step toward earning your degree online. We have dedicated Enrollment Specialists who will help you through the entire process. If you have questions or want to speak to someone right away, you can call 866-489-2810.

Here are your next steps:

  1. Review the admission requirements for your selected program.
  2. Complete your online application.
  3. Submit any required application fees.
  4. Submit official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended, as well as test scores, and other documents, as required.
    • If required, take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) and submit scores.
      • Submit scores to The University of Texas Arlington using our school code, 6013.
      • Register for the GRE
      • Take the GRE practice test

Information for Permanent Residents and International Applicants

At this time, our programs are open to United States Citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents (Green Card holders), and individuals who hold an H1-B Visa. In addition to required application/admission documents, the following materials must also be submitted:>

  • Lawful Permanent Residents: Submit a copy of your Resident Alien Card (green card).
  • International Applicants (H1-B Status): Submit proof of current visa status.
  • The TOEFL or IELTS is required if an applicant's native language is not English or if the applicant does not hold a bachelor's or master's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution. However, students may apply without the TOEFL or IELTS GRE and be considered for provisional admission. While there is no guarantee that provisional admission will be granted, if it is approved, take the TOEFL or IELTS right away. It typically takes 10-15 business days for scores to be sent after they are requested, and an additional two weeks for processing after receipt in the Office of Graduate Studies. You must take the test in time for your results to arrive and be processed in the Office of Graduate Studies before completion of the second course. Those wishing to pursue a waiver of this requirement should contact the graduate advisor.

Send all required documents to:

Undergraduate Applicants:
UTA Admissions Office
Box 19114
701 S Nedderman Dr.
Arlington, TX 76019-0114

Graduate and Post-Graduate Applicants:
UTA Graduate Admissions
UTA Box 19167
701 S Nedderman Dr.
Davis Hall Room 332
Arlington, TX 76019

Admission FAQs


Note for applicants to the UTA College of Nursing and Health Innovation

Residents of these states are not eligible to enroll in our RN to BSN or MSN programs: Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Minnesota, North Carolina, New York, Tennessee and Washington. Residents of Alabama and Utah are not eligible to enroll in our MSN programs. Students residing in any of these states who are currently enrolled in a program may continue without interruption. The MSN — Family Nurse Practitioner program is available to Texas and California residents only.

Note for Academic Partnerships employees

If you are an employee of an Academic Partnerships facility, you will need to use your Academic Partnerships code for the application. If you are not an employee of an Academic Partnerships facility, you will need to use the following code: "NOCODE". If you do not know your Academic Partnerships code, call an enrollment specialist at 866-489-2810.

Get Started Now
Talk with an Enrollment Specialist
All fields required.
Call Us
By submitting this form, I am providing my digital signature agreeing that University of Texas at Arlington (UTA) may email me or contact me regarding educational services by telephone and/or text message utilizing automated technology at the telephone number(s) provided above. I understand this consent is not a condition to attend UTA or to purchase any other goods or services.
Apply Now Financial Aid
© 2018 The University of Texas at Arlington Academic Partnerships